Why is video so vital?
if you’re not already contributing to the 24 hours of footage uploaded to Youtube every minute, then you need to join the party!
It’s understandable if your enterprise is only just getting to grips with social media, after all just 8 years ago Youtube didn’t even exist… but you’re missing out!
Two of the most visited websites on Earth are Facebook and Youtube, commanding billions of views, clicks, comments and shares every day. As a search engine, Youtube is second only to Google. Given the huge proportion of the world’s population who use the social web every day, the chances are your target demographic is amongst them.
In order to tap into this unending flow of exciting traffic, you need to offer something unique. Exciting and engaging social media videos allow your enterprise to reach out and connect with a buzzing audience who are constantly on the look out for something new.
Video gives you the opportunity to stand out from the competition; giving your website a significant search engine advantage and offering your audience something that your competitors do not.
Text vs Video
over 40% of a web-user’s time is spent watching videos…
There’s no doubt about it, text-only websites just do not cut it anymore. Without providing rich video (and photo) content, your visitors just won’t stick around. Flash based content, particularly videos, are a massive source of traffic and Cisco predicts that this year (2013) a whopping 90% of all web-traffic will be generated by videos.
People’s habits are changing. We’re no longer interested in textual information when we can have our senses tickled by well-produced audio-visual images.
How can videos benefit my business?
an image speaks a thousand words
- Communicate quickly and efficiently with your audience and offer an unparalleled insight into your business.
- Distil the essence of your business and its messages into an easy-to-digest and enjoyable format.
- Instantly engage and entertain a specific target demographic, inspiring interaction at multiple levels and boosting your marketing capabilities.
- Through their interactivity, videos generate emotion and allow you to build a relationship with your customers.
- Go viral! Any well made video has the potential to go viral, allowing your core messages to travel further and more cost effectively than by any other means.
- Turn views into actions, give your audience the incentive to become a customer.
- Multi platform potential; not limited to social media. Make use of videos at conferences, exhibitions, open days, trade fairs etc, generating the same buzz which they do online.
I could go on, but you get the idea. If you don’t want your business to be ignored, you need to start publishing video content. This is where ELU images comes in…
ELU images specialises in the production of both photo and video content for social media and web use, encapsulating your core messages efficiently and effectively; inspiring interaction and communication with your audience